GCN Talent – What do we do?
GCN Talent provides services to help senior level candidates develop their careers. We do this through assessing and matching candidates with potential job opportunities.
As an integral part of this, we work with clients to provide recruitment and consultancy services to help them solve senior level recruitment challenges.
This statement sets out below:
- From where we collect data
- What information we collect
- The lawful basis for using this information
- How the information is used by us, with whom the information may be shared and for what purpose(s)
- How we safeguard your personal data
- For how long we retain that data
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information and how you can correct any inaccuracies therein.
- Our use of data for marketing activities
Information Collection and Use: GCN Talent is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
Where do we collect data from?
- via our website at www.gcntalent.com
- as a result of you responding to an advertisement posted by us on a job board or via social media
- from social media sites to which we subscribe such as Linked In where you mark yourself as ‘open to new opportunities’ or indicate that you may be contacted about career opportunities
- as a result of personal introductions, referrals or recommendations
- in the course of our providing recruitment, resourcing, outsourcing or consultancy services to you
What information do we collect on Candidates?
Candidates: the personal information we collect about you where “you” are a candidate seeking to develop your career.
GCN Talent aims to collect the minimum data it needs to perform its role. We request information from you via our online registration forms. Here we ask you to provide contact information and information regarding the type of work you are seeking, your desired salary, notice period and type of employment contract preferred. This information is used to enable us to provide you with work-finding services. If we feel we need more detail or anything is unclear, this contact information is used to get in touch with you. GCN Talent does not use this information for any other purpose.
What information do we collect on Client Contacts?
Client contacts: the personal information we collect about you where “you” are a contact at one of our clients. We need to collect information about you as an essential part of providing our Services.
We may collect personal information about you when:
- we contact you with a view to providing Services to you
- you email or call us expressing an interest in working with us
- you provide us with your business card or other information
- we complete contractual documentation relevant to our Services,
We will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- your name
- your company’s postal address
- your phone and e-mail details
- details of your role, title and responsibilities within your organisation.
We also collect data in the form of job specifications and contact details from clients via online forms. This data will include your company name, industry sector, client job title, contact information and details on the specific recruitment project. We may use the contact information you provide to contact you about the project. GCN Talent does not use this information for any other purpose.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
We use the data we gather to perform a number of tasks, including:
- placement of a candidate into a particular employment role as defined by our clients
- maintaining our records of our candidates, clients and contacts
- conducting marketing, profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis regarding our Services
Candidate contacts: We consider that it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a recruitment business to process your personal data. At different stages in the recruitment processes we may also have other lawful grounds for processing your data such as compliance with legal obligations and where it is necessary for the performance of contracts related to the recruitment process.
We believe that you will have an expectation that if you are looking for employment or have posted your CV or other professional information on a job board or professional networking site, that you are happy for us to collect and use your personal data to provide our recruitment services to you and to share that information with prospective employers once we have sought your permission to do so.
During the recruitment process the client may want additional information (such as the results from psychometric evaluations or skills tests) or to confirm your references, qualifications and criminal record, where appropriate and in accordance with local laws. Where we are required by law to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data we will obtain it.
Client contacts: we use the information collected from clients to ensure that we can provide our business services to you. This will usually involve identifying candidates that we believe will meet your recruitment requirements, or providing other business services from our portfolio.
We collect, store and use your name and contact details for our legitimate interests, so that we can:
- send you the details of candidates and consultants and contact you about our Services
- maintain our business relationship with you.
This allows you to be contacted to receive and administer any Services which you or your organisation has requested. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and client contacts is an essential part of what we do as a recruitment business and, as such, it is in our legitimate interests to process your data for such purpose.
How do we share your personal information and who do we share it with?
Candidates: Your personal data provided to us is processed by GCN Talent via a secure cloud based CRM database. We will ensure that:
- access to your personal data is restricted to staff who are required to process such data as part of their job
- only necessary information is released to the relevant parties
- we seek your consent before sharing your details with any prospective employer or user of our services.
Referees: unless you specify otherwise we may share your information with any of our clients in relation to whose vacancy your reference was given.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our clients, such as salary information. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
How we safeguard your personal data
GCN Talent uses a cloud based CRM system for data storage and processing provided By Influence Ld. Within Influence, there are a number of security measures in place, including:
- User permissions – allowing us to lock down who can access and edit a data subject’s personal data.
- Password control on the Influence database.
- Password controlled restrictions on data export.
- Data Security processes and procedures within Influence data centres for Influence Cloud Direct and
- Influence Cloud Desktop. All hosting partners are ISO 27001 certified.
- Influence Cloud Desktop runs inside our cloud desktop which is accessed through an encrypted
- remote desktop connection.
- Influence Cloud Direct is accessed over a TLS/SSL connection and all traffic to and from the Influence Cloud Direct server is encrypted in transit.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration form asks users to enter information, this is stored in our secure database and all document attachments are held in offline folders. We also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line as outlined above.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that GCN Talent is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com
We don’t keep data for any longer than is necessary. For most people where we have limited contact it will be for a maximum of two years from the date of last contact with us. Where we have engaged with you more extensively, for instance we have worked with you as client, or contacted/interviewed/placed you as a candidate, we may retain data longer.
We will delete it after that time except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Your rights, complaints and questions
The EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) is aimed to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches. Consequently, you have the right to request access, amend or delete any data that we may have on our records. You have rights and your right to object enables you to object to us processing your data where we do so in the following circumstances:
- Our (GCN Talent’s) Legitimate Interest – we must cease activity in question if you object to a given circumstance, unless we prove that we have strong legitimate grounds to process your data and/ or we are processing your data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- To send you (candidates & clients) direct marketing materials – if your objection is relevant to our marketing activities, upon receiving your objection, we will cease the activity immediately.
Consent – You have the right to withdraw any consent given to us (GCN Talent) if we have no alternative reason to justify continuing using your consent/ relevant data.
Data Access Request – You have the right to ask us what information we have stored, also to request to amend, or delete. We will need to verify your ID before going ahead with any of these requests.
Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to erase your data, providing:
- the data is no longer relevant;
- you have withdrawn consent
- the data collection does not comply with GDPR rules and regulations.
Data held on Influence Cloud Direct and Influence Cloud Desktop has a 30-day retention period on data. If you wish for your data to be removed, information will be stored on backup for up to 30 days after removal from the database, but no longer.
Right to restrict processing – You can request to restrict your data processing by us which means we can only continue to store your data and will not be able to process unless,
- you consent;
- further processing is required for legal reasons;
- one of the circumstances listed below is resolved:
- you object to our legitimate interest
- you object that the data is not accurate
- processing of data is unlawful, and you would prefer us to restrict instead of erase
- we don’t need the data, but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
Right of data probability – You have the right to transfer personal data from GCN Talent. You will need to ask for this information using the correct form and you will be asked to produce relevant ID prior to us processing your request.
Should you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us and we will act immediately.
If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GCN Talent tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you wish to complain about this policy or any of the procedures set out in it please contact email@example.com
Periodically we may send you information that we think you will find interesting. We may also send you information to:
- market our full range of services
- send you details of networking and client events and information about the industry sectors we think may be of interest to you.
Subject to any applicable local laws and requirements we will not, as a matter of course, seek your consent when sending marketing materials relating to the above but we will always give you the option to unsubscribe to any such mails.
Where we have previously engaged with you (for example where you have submitted an application or CV to us) or where you have posted your details on a job board we will assume that you have given permission for us to contact you with details of roles which we believe will be of interest to you. You will have the right to withdraw such permission at any time.