Are you looking to take the next step in your career, or just want to see what’s on the market? Upload your CV and we will get in touch with you to discuss your job search, what you are looking for and any opportunities that we think are right for you.
Our client is a uniquely focused company – they deliver a world-leading series of events across five continents and a powerful global digital media portfolio. Combined with a market-specific research team and well-established programme of annual Awards, our client connects the market-makers – informing, influencing, and celebrating change and development throughout their global sector.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for delivering substantial revenues, selling integrated and multi-channel sponsorship packages to clients across our client’s large-scale, best-in-class events and media platforms. The role is within their flagship portfolio EMEA and North America, attracting over 6,000 attendees annually, and turnover of circa £6m. They have a wide range of clients across multiple technology tracks and different geographies, and as a BDM you will be responsible for offering tailored solutions to the existing customer base and securing new accounts.
This is an exciting role that will give you the chance to work with the top brands in the tech sector across a truly global client base – international travel is a requirement for this role – and develop your key account management experience.
We’re looking for:
• A minimum of 2-4 years sponsorship sales experience from events and/or media background
• A consultative sales process in handling complex briefs, responding with considered and creative solutions.
• A “hunter” mentality and approach to sales
• High standard of interpersonal skills, professional confidence and tenacity
• Good organisational and time management skills: essential to handle a large number of leads
• Strong sense of customer service and client management
• Demonstrable proficiency in proposal writing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM databases (ideally Salesforce)
You’ll be rewarded with a highly competitive base salary and the opportunity to earn excellent uncapped commission.