Are you looking to take the next step in your career, or just want to see what’s on the market? Upload your CV and we will get in touch with you to discuss your job search, what you are looking for and any opportunities that we think are right for you.
Our client is a global, multi-brand information business that provides critical data, price reporting, insight, analysis, and must-attend events across a number of industry sectors. Their people are creative, action-oriented, close to customers, passionate about their brands, knowledgeable about the industries they serve and accountable for their results.
We are looking for a highly experienced and credible sales leader with a record of B2B information events sales to unite and lead the sales function across four established and well-respected brands. The Group Sales Director will play an important role on the business’s leadership team. You will be action-oriented and results-driven and will bring inspiration, credibility and commercial awareness to the business. You will have the ability to think longer-term yet drive execution tactically and manage the balance between the two.
The Group Sales Director will lead and coach a talented team of 27 who are mostly based in the UK but travel extensively. You will also:
· Empower your team to exceed targets and manage the gross margin of the group’s sales function
· Ensure excellence in sales management practices, ensuring management against agreed KPIs to achieve accurate forecasting
· Lead a sales team transformation from a transactional to a solution-oriented model and ensure the voice of the customer and insight is used in shaping products
· Recruit, coach and develop high performing salespeople who are ambassadors for the business
· Personally build relationships with key partners and most important customers by attending key events.
We’re looking for a balance between a thinker/strategist and tactician; someone who can both lead from the front and understand and help develop the bigger picture. Whilst events sales experience is the priority requirement, experience of leading the sales function in a multi-product, international B2B information business is highly desirable. You will have extensive team management experience and will likely have played a key role in introducing and developing new sales practices. You’ll have a positive attitude, a great coaching style – and ideally an interest in the technology sector.
This is a senior management role, and as such, attracts a superb basic and commission package, together with the benefits you would expect from a major global media player.
For more information, please apply to this role online – or get in touch with Kevin Hosier on +44 (0)20 3800 0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.