Are you looking to take the next step in your career, or just want to see what’s on the market? Upload your CV and we will get in touch with you to discuss your job search, what you are looking for and any opportunities that we think are right for you.
Our client is a renowned membership organisation with a powerful brand and an established global community. They are currently looking for a Head of Global Events who will be handed a strategic remit to develop a global portfolio events (virtual and in-person), particularly in UK, Europe, Asia and the US, via geo-cloning, launch, partnership and acquisition. This will deliver all-year-round digital content, moving our client closer to an events-driven membership proposition for corporate delegates.
As part of the Senior Leadership team, this role provides leadership, strategic planning and direction, and assurance of operational excellence for our client’s portfolio of commercial and charitable events. The power of the brand means there is the opportunity to grow the events portfolio further and faster. The current portfolio ranges from established events attracting 500+ delegates to niche conferences on specific sectors, issues and challenges of interest to our client’s international community.
The Head of Global Events will inspire the events team and key stakeholders to produce, deliver, engage, and invest in well researched, evidence-based events, driving thought leadership targeted at solving world problems and delivering societal impact. The role will be directly responsible for event producers and logistics teams and will work closely with peers in Marketing and Commercial & Business Development for event sales and marketing, brand awareness, sponsorship, and sponsorship, exhibitor and delegate sales to create dedicated teams of high-performing event specialists.
We’re looking for:
• Track record of growing and launching large scale (200+ paid delegate) conferences in more than one country. Global experience will be a distinct advantage, especially EMEA and APAC (e.g. China, Japan)
• Tangible commercial events strategy expertise
• Expertise in growing corporate awards events
• Success in developing high value (£50k+) sponsorship propositions
• Expertise in building and managing global teams of producers, event delivery, and delegate marketing professionals (and liaise with sponsorship) with specific experience of remote workers and freelances across live and virtual event formats
• Experience in developing business cases for event launches and acquisitions
• Experience and expertise of pivoting live events to virtual platforms and of creating all-year-round digital content for key communities
• Experience in managing and developing not-for-profit events
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to take up a senior leadership role with a very well-established organisation and will suit a commercially-focused B2B events leader who has focused on delivering growth.
For more information, please contact Kevin Hosier on 07958 704261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org